Thursday 6 February 2014

Review: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush

I'm a huge fan of Hourglass cosmetics so when I first heard about the upcoming release of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers two weeks ago and saw how beautiful the blushers looked, I knew I couldn't wait to get my hands on one of these. Late last week I saw Lily Pebbles mention on Twitter that the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers were available for pre-order online with Space NK!! I did my research and decided on the Luminous Flush shade and went online to pre-order it as these are due for general release on February 11, but then something amazing happened.......I got an email on Monday to say that the blusher had been delivered to my specified Space NK store and was ready to be collected! To say I was excited was a total understatement!!!



The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers come in a range of six different shades (£28 for 4.2g), mixing the best-selling Ambient Lighting Powder formula with a beautiful pop of colour. Luminous Flush is described as a “champagne rose which evokes a candlelit glimmer.” It is made up of a pink-toned coral with warm undertones mixed through with the golden shimmer-sheen finish of the Luminous Light Ambient Lighting powder. The blusher is so light and gives a beautiful soft focus look. 


When I first received the blush, I was a little worried that it may be a little too subtle for my Asian skin tone, but I really had no need to worry. I actually found that the lightest amount on the brush provides a gorgeous wash of natural colour to the cheek. It acts as a blush and highlight in one and what I love about Luminous Flush is that it doesn't leave large glittery shimmer on the cheeks. Each blush is handmade in Italy and no two blush pans are the same, which just adds even more to the glamorous feel of the product. I've worn the blush alone and also layered it up with my Ambient Lighting Powder Palette for even more radiance. I really would recommend the blush. I know it is on the expensive side but it is such a unique and beautiful blush which will last for ages. I've already got my eye on the Dim Infusion shade as I adore the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light and coral blush is very flattering.


                                                                                                                             Photo by Gerrod Charles
                                                                                                                      Photo by Gerrod Charles
Share:

2 comments

  1. That shade looks gorgeous on you! I'm really tempted to order myself one (..or two!) of these but I'm supposed to be saving so it's hard!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely. I know what you mean, I meant to be saving too, but I just couldn't resist! xx

      Delete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig