Wednesday 12 February 2014

January Favourites

I know, I know....I'm hugely late with this post...I'm sorry but I really wanted to share with you the beauty products I've been loving through January:


Face:

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation in 50 Beige (£32 - Boots) - this is a fairly new-ish purchase, I bought it about four weeks ago, but I've really been loving it. As light as tinted moisturiser but provides more coverage. I'll be doing a full post on this soon.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot (£18 - John Lewis- my lovely best friend bought me this and the Bobbi Brown sheer powder brush and it was love at first sight really. The blush is beautiful, the colour in the pan is a lot more vibrant than it is on skin. A little goes a long way and it gives the most beautiful natural blush which is a look I'm a huge fan of.

Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush (£29.50 - John Lewis) - this brush is absolutely amazing! I'd been wanting a domed brush like this for ages, but wasn't sure I could justify it so it was lovely to receive it as a gift. This really has become one of my favourite brushes and I'm not sure how I managed without it before. I use it mostly for applying blush but it's also very handy for applying powder or highlighter, a good all rounder.

Eyes:

Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black (£18 full size - Liberty- I received this a few months back in my Birchbox and I think it's one of the best mascaras I've tried. I love the brush, the mascara glides on easily without clumps and provides a lovely coat to the lashes, giving amazing length and definition and the sample size is perfect for popping into my makeup bag.

Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Dark Brunette (£26 - Liberty) - Ok this may be the most expensive eyebrow 'pencil' I have purchased, after I read about it in a Liberty Beauty email, but this is by far my favourite eyebrow tool and I have tried a fair few. The 'pencil' combines powder, pencil and wax to create naturally fuller looking brows without making you look like the dastardly baddie in an old film. There is also a brush one end to help set your eyebrows in place.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze - (£4.99 - Boots) - I know everyone has been raving about this eyeshadow for absolutely ages but I only picked this up at the beginning of last month when I splurged out on my Boots points. I adore this cream eyeshadow, the colour is gorgeous and shimmery in all the right ways (no huge chunks of glitter). I haven't found it to be a bronze shade at all which I was pleasantly surprised about. The shade really brightens the eye and I've received so many compliments when wearing it. The lovely lady doing my Origins facial loved it and had thought it was one of the premium brands. The texture of the shadow is lovely, it glides on and stays put and create the perfect look with a slick of mascara.

Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow pencil in Hot Chocolate - (£3.19 - Boots) - I did a review of this eyeshadow pencil here, so for those who've seen it, it'll come as no surprise that I've really enjoyed using this pencil. It's so handy when I'm rushing to do my makeup before work. I've been using it for an one wash of colour look but also have been layering it over the On and On Bronze to create a subtle smokey look for the day.

Perfume:

Diptyque L'Ombre dans l'Eau (£50 for 50ml - John Lewis) - Most of you will know I'm a huge Diptyque fan and a while ago when in Paris, I received a sample of this perfume with the purchase of a bottle of Diptyque Volutes. In January I was having a bit of a 'shop my stash' moment when I pulled the sample out the drawer, spritzed some on and dashed out the house and oh my it is such a beautiful scent! It's a gorgeous hint of rose and blackcurrant and is the perfume match to Diptyque Baies and I absolutely love it! I'm not looking forward to when my sample finishes.

What have been your January favourites?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig