Friday 31 January 2014

REVIEW: ROSA MUNDI DIPTYQUE CANDLE

I discovered the Diptyque Rosa Mundi candle in Space NK last weekend when out doing a bit of shopping with my best friend. As soon as we picked up the candle to have a closer look, we totally fell in love with the beautiful scent, so when I received an email from Space NK to say I'd received an N.centive voucher I thought I would treat myself to this gorgeous candle.


I have to admit I do have quite a weakness for Diptyque candles and fragrances, so I'm really pleased to be able to add this lovely candle to my Diptyque collection.

Although I am a huge fan of roses both in the home and garden, I'm not a fan of traditional rose scents in perfumes and candles as I can find them quite strong and overwhelming. This candle however has a light scent and captures the Rosa Mundi rose (a descendant of the famous Damask) scent. The Diptyque Rosa Mundi candle is a limited edition candle specially created for Valentines.

The candle has been inspired by the legend of Rosamund Clifford, a woman of great beauty, and mistress to King Henry II of England Known as Rosamund the Fair, or Rose of the World. In 1176 she was poisoned by Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry’s Queen, who was madly jealous of her. The King was devastated by her death and forever inconsolable. He wished to commemorate the woman he had loved so much so on every anniversary of their meeting, he demanded that her grave be covered in this particular variety of rose.

The Rosa Mundi candle has such a beautiful delicate fragrance. Diptyque describe it as 'soothing, romantic and sparkling' scent and I have to agree. The fragrance centres on the Centifolia rose (Rose de Mai) and the Damask rose, with blackcurrant, bergamot and lychee fruity notes, balanced with a gentle woody white musk and honey......basically a blend of some of my most favourite things and fragrances. I have this candle by my bed and it smell amazing even when not lit.

I also love the packaging and design. The candle is a gorgeous subtle pink and comes in a lacquered glass jar with a beautiful rose design surrounding the famous Diptyque motif. There really was no way I couldn't feature such a beautiful candle on my blog.

The candle will burn for up to 60-90 hours. The first time you burn the candle, you're advised to allow it to burn for at least two hours, until the whole top is liquid with wax. This will also help the candle burn more evenly the next time. Trimming the wick between uses will also help avoid unsightly black smoke marks around the edge of the glass.

Diptyque Rosa Mundi Candle (190g): £42

Over the last few weeks I've been working hard on rearranging my room to make it a more decluttered and cosy environment. This candle has added such a beautiful touch to my room and made it a really lovely space in which to relax in after a hectic day.


Do you have a favourite Diptyque scent?

Jx
Share:

5 comments

  1. It sounds amazing, I've always wanted to try something from Diptyque since they have such luxurious products :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love diptyque - Love Love! They make the room come alive

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering, how is the scent throw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the scent throw was good but it is quite a subtle scent, delicate sent. Jx

      Delete
  4. Really beautiful photos - I love the Diptyque jars! Thanks for sharing - love from a new follower xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig