Wednesday 2 December 2015

Handmade Beauty Advent Calendar

It's no secret that I've been seriously lusting over beauty advent calendars this year, the Charlotte Tilbury & Liberty ones especially grabbing my attention! Believe me I was very, very tempted to cave & get one but I just couldn't quite justify the spend & then I had an idea......why not make my very own beauty advent calendar?.........and well here it is!....


I have quite a collection of samples & miniature products from subscription boxes & blogging events so I thought I would begin two of my new year resolutions a little earlier (to reduce clutter & save money) by making my own beauty advent calendar, plus it's always fun to be craft-y!
Inspiration hit as an idea started taking shape & in somewhat of a true Blue Peter moment, armed with poster paints, a wire hanger, string, empty toilet roll tubes and gold and silver marker pens, I set about recycling, upcycling & 'shopping my stash'. 

Of course I had to ensure it was all an advent surprise, so I gave my stash of beauty products and Lindt chocolates to my Mum and she happily filled up the advent calendar for me. It was fun doing something creative and Mum & I both began to feel festive! I'm really pleased with how it all turned out, the finished result is exactly how I'd pictured it.

I thought I'd share each day's advent reveal over on Instagram and I'll also be featuring some of my advent beauty stash through review posts in the run up to Christmas. So if you're interested to find out more about my DIY beauty advent calendar, stay tuned.



Do you have a beauty advent favourite?

Jx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig