Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Weekend Edit


This last weekend was another jam packed one for me, full of good company, good food, sunshine, some culture, shopping and trying out new things.......my kinda perfect weekend. 
Friday night I headed along to the National Portrait Gallery late night opening to see the Audrey Hepburn exhibition. I've been a huge Audrey Hepburn fan since a child, so I really enjoyed the exhibition. It was wonderful to be able to view such a collection of Hepburn photos, many of which are iconic. I'll share my full thoughts on the exhibition soon.
After the gallery I stumbled across the Malaysia night celebrations in Trafalgar Square which was a lot of fun as there was music, signing, dancing and food stands galore! I love South East Asian food, but I haven't really had a chance to try Malaysian food too often so it was great to have a bit of a food adventure. I had some insanely delicious coconut prawns with some coconut and vegetable fried rice! One of the most flavoursome dishes I've had in ages and I'm desperately seeking out the recipe to try and recreate it at home.
Saturday was such a gorgeous day! The sun was out so it was surprisingly warm and I had a lovely Mum and me day. First stop was Starbucks to try the Pumpkin Spiced Latte for the first time (I'd heard so much about Pumpkin Spiced Latte obsessions but sadly it wasn't for me) before we set off for Broadway Market. Unfortunately the trains were not on our side so instead we decided to explore  Brick Lane and Old Spitalfields market and do a spot of vintage shopping.
We had a lot of fun in Beyond Retro and Found.Loved picking out outfits and being silly, though Mum raised an eyebrow at some of my vintage ensemble creations. I found a couple of dresses, one on the sale rack (yay!) and I left happy after finding a bargain and something a little different. 
We were really near to Cereal Killer Cafe, which I've been wanting to visit for ages, so it made perfect sense to head there for some refreshments and a bowl of Fruit Loops and Peanut Butter Cheerios as you do and yes the sugar rush definitely hit!
We had a wander and browse around Spitalfields which I haven't done in ages and a walk was much needed after the Fruit Loop fun! 
For dinner we headed to our favourite Chinese restaurant in China Town; HK Diner for a plateful of salt and pepper Aubergine! My favourite thing!!

Sunday was another lovely sunny day and I headed back down to Spitalfields for a Watercolour masterclass with Liz Temperley at AnthropologieI've always wanted to try watercolour painting so it was great to get the chance to try it out, in not only in one of my favourite stores but with beautiful flowers from Colombia Road Market to inspire us. I definitely need some practice my watercolour skills but Liz gave us lots of helpful tips which has really inspired me to buy some watercolour paints of my own and give it a go at home. 


After the class it was time for a spot of late lunch at 5 Guys with Ade before we headed off to see the newly released Everest. I'd really recommend the film, it's based on a true story and the imagery is breath taking. Emily Watson's performance was really moving and the film left me feeling nostalgic about my time in Nepal too.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend too.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig