Tuesday 29 September 2015

The Weekend Edit

I had another jam packed weekend which was wonderful from start to finish. It was a good mix of food, both cooking and eating, fashion and much needed lovely family time.

The weekend started a little early as it was Eid on Thursday which was filled with lots of incredible food and family time. My Mum cooked up such a delicious dinner filled with so many of my favourite things such as Tandoori Salmon, so good in fact, I was far too busy tucking in and forgot to take a picture.
Friday evening I headed down to Bread Ahead in Borough Market for a sourdough bread making masterclass. I love Sourdough and I've been trying to improve my bread making skills so the class was the perfect combination. We had a master tutor in Aidan Chapman who made the class really informative but fun and I got to meet a great bunch of people too. Before we knew it, we'd rustled up a Sourdough starter, a Borodinsky Rye loaf, a Levain loaf and learnt how to make a no knead Sourdough. A pretty productive Friday night and as the gorgeous smell of freshly baked bread filled the air and we got to eat fresh Sourdough with butter, I couldn't have been happier!
Saturday was quite a contrast to bread making, as I headed down to the Saatchi Gallery for London Fashion Weekend. I wasn't sure what to expect with the new venue, as I was used to Somerset House, but I was really impressed, my favourite LFWEND so far, plus I didn't have to navigate cobble paving in heels. Yay! I was able to attend not one but two catwalk shows; the Henry Holland designer collection and the Trend show and I even got to experience the front row again. I met some  inspiring people and the catwalk shows were incredible!
It wasn't all catwalk shows though, as I indulged in a little spot of shopping....oops. I'll be sharing my purchases with you in my LFWEND post later on in the week.

After LFWEND I had a wander around the Kings Road visiting a little festival and food market in the gardens of the Saatchi Gallery. Saturday was such a warm and sunny day so it was lovely to grab some lunch and enjoy it in the sunshine before I headed down to Foyles bookshop in Covent Garden in search of the latest Cereal magazine. I quickly popped into Cambridge Satchel Company to complete the embossing on my new satchel, en route to I Love Nata for my favourites; Nata custard tarts and a cup of Chai tea. 
The Charles Pétillon 'Heartbeat' installation in the Covent Garden Market 
Unfortunately my blood sugars kept dropping over the weekend (despite the custard tarts) which didn't leave me feeling the best come Saturday evening, so I decided to have a much needed cosy night in on the sofa and enjoy Strictly.
Sunday, I had a busy morning blogging away, I made use of all the light streaming through the windows and had a blog photos blitz, a very productive morning. In the afternoon I headed off on a little road trip to Leeds Castle in Kent with my Mum and Brother as part of my Brother's 21st birthday celebrations.
We'd not been to Leeds Castle before but had heard great things about it. It was good to go somewhere new and it really was amazing! The castle and the surrounding land is beautiful, it looked stunning against the sunny sky. We were impressed with just how much there was to do there, we explored the castle, enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea and had a wander in the maze, I say wander........we actually got a little lost, but we made it out in the end....phew! We even saw Black Swans and I'll be writing a post all about our day at Leeds Castle soon.

It was such a lovely day and it was so good to spend some time with my Brother, escape London for a day and get some fresh air. We ended the day with dinner at GBK and really, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

I hope you all had lovely weekends!

Jx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig