Sunday 27 September 2015

The Style Edit: London Fashion Weekend - Henry Holland


As part of London Fashion Weekend, I was lucky enough yesterday to have front row tickets to the Henry Holland catwalk show. I knew about Henry Holland as a designer, presenter, blogger and occasional dj, I'd even seen him dj with Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud at a Selfridges event I attended. So I was quite intrigued to see his latest fashion collection  in the amazing space of the Saatchi Gallery.

Henry Holland is an English fashion designer, presenter and blogger. Holland grabbed attention in the 2000s with his bold, 1980s-inspired T-shirts with slogans such as, "I'll tell you who's boss, Kate Moss". Holland went on to design a full collection and founded his own fashion house 'House of Holland', which was promoted by his best friend  model Agyness Deyn.

Houndstooth is a key feature of the new the collection which I was very excite about as I love adore the classic Houndstooth print, in fact my #LFWEND look centred around this gorgeous Houndstooth coat from H&M. Next season the Houndstooth print gets a more contemporary twist as colour is injected into the classic print. 
Houndstooth meets Victoriana
This was one of my favourite looks from the show. The deep ox-blood hues, which is a a key colour palette this season and next, teamed beautifully with the organza textured skirt, incorporating the my favourite pattern.
Fur featured quite heavily in the Henry Holland collection, either accompanying structured patterns  and textures or forming a centre piece by itself. I'm very fond of a good fur wrap so of course I loved this faux fur scarf from the collection. The colours in it form such a beautiful combination, making it a real statement piece. Looks pretty cosy too.

I really enjoyed the Henry Holland catwalk show. It was such an fun and energetic show and I met some really lovely people in the crowd. The impressive collection gave me lots of inspiration on the key pieces with which to update my wardrobe over this season and the next.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig