Friday 18 September 2015

Review: Christian Louboutin Lipsticks

There has been a lot of hype surrounding this latest beauty offering from Christian Louboutin. The lipsticks follow on from the successful nail polish release last year. There are 36 beautiful shades to choose from in shades in three different textures – opulent Silky Satin, luminous Sheer Voile and rich Velvet Matt. The packaging is a weighty jewel like case and the lipstick can be worn as a necklace.


The lipsticks are stunning, as soon as I saw them online I wanted one, but well it is Christian Louboutin so we're definitely talking about luxury and not drugstore prices here, so I had ruled out adding one of these to my lipstick collection. That is until my friend Kate an I headed along to Selfridges for a birthday hand and arm massage at Jo Malone and we thought we'd just head up to the Shoe Gallery to see the lipsticks. 

I was instantly drawn towards the hot pink velvet matte lipstick; Bengali. Very fitting & I already have the Louboutin nail polish in Bengali. As soon as I tried it on, I knew it was perfect. It just brightened my complexion & My face looked instantly done. The thing is, Kate and I are enablers, it's one of the foundations of our friendship and we then chanced upon another enabler in the form of the Louboutin sales assistant, both telling me it's my birthday week so I should treat myself.....uh oh!
The sales assistant selected the beautiful berry shade; Miss Clichy for Kate. It looked quiet dark and vampy in the bullet but when applied it was much lighter than we both imagined and the shade just beautifully complemented Kate's eyes and hair. So Kate an I decided to gift each other our Louboutin lipstick of choice, that way we were just generous friends and not making guilty purchases at all.....win, win.
Sometimes if you're wearing a Christian Louboutin lipstick, you just gotta put your lace kitten ears on and be happy!
I've been really impressed with the quality of the lipstick. The matte finish is creamy and not drying in the least. They saying power is incredible as is the colour payoff. It makes me want to go and get another one, but I'm going to be good.....promise....

Have you indulged and bought a Christian Louboutin lipstick?
Which is your favourite shade?

Jx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous colour!
    I have my eye on these as well!

    I love the shade you bought! I swooned over it in Selfridges!

    Francesca
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig