Saturday 17 January 2015

Taste of London Winter

I'm a huge fan of the Taste of London Food and Restaurant Festivals and you may have seen my earlier post on the Summer festival. A little while ago I headed down to The Tobacco Dock in East London to attend the Taste of London Winter Food and Restaurant Festival which for me was the best Winter/Christmas Taste Festival yet!!! I had such an amazing day and I even got to meet Michel Roux Jnr again!!! (cue several heart eyes emojis!)

I had to give my Mum a crash course in how to use my DSLR so that she could take this picture and I have to say not bad for a beginner! This snap with Michel Roux Jnr definitely made my day.
There was so much delicious food to try, we really didn't know where to start. We of course had to visit the Benaras stand as it's my favourite restaurant and the food didn't disappoint. Mum thought the Chicken Tikka was the best she has ever tasted with the flavours and spices being perfectly balanced and I had a delicious Fish and Coconut Curry.
I've been wanting to try out Andina, the Peruvian Kitchen in Shoreditch London for a good while now, but it's always fully booked when I head down there so I was very excited to see them at Taste! We had the Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple syrup and they were absolutely delicious, so different to anything I've tried before! I'll definitely have to make a reservation to try out more of their mouthwatering food.
I'm a huge fan of Mark Hix and his food. Hix Soho is one of my favourites and it has an amazing bar and I absolutely adore Hix's Fish Dogs. One of the highlights for me at this year's Taste festival was having the opportunity to not only sample some of Mark Hix's fabulous food, but I also to watch him live in action at his cookery demo which was fantastic!



Mark Hix is famous for his use of seasonal British produce and it was amazing to watch him and his head Chef cook up a storm as they put together a dozen dishes, they even did wonders with Brussels Sprouts making them look very tasty. I had my eye on the Eton Mess, wishing I could dive in with my spoon!
Taste was so much fun! We loved making our own ice cream; getting to put a flavour combination together and watching the Custom Creams guys do their magic with the liquid Nitrogen to create gorgeously creamy ice cream. I of course chose to combine salt and caramel and the result was so yummy!
If like me you have a bit of a sweet tooth, there is no shortage of sweet treats to keep you happy at Taste. There were an abundance of free samples at Green and Blacks and of course we couldn't leave without taking advantage of their special offer on their bars. I love all things Gingery and discovering their Ginger Chocolate bar was a great find for me, that was definitely coming home with us! Gü's chocolate display was amazing, it took me a second to realise nearly everything was made of chocolate and I have to admit it did feel a little like being in Willy Wonka's Candy Garden. 

I had such a brilliant time at Taste, it was a perfect day of food shared with friends, children and our Mum's and we really didn't leave the show hungry in the least bit! I'm already looking forward to the Summer and the Taste Festival in Regents Park.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig