Monday 23 June 2014

Review: Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne

As you may have gathered already from my recent posts and Instagram pictures, Peonies are my favourite flowers, so pretty with such a beautiful scent. So it was only logical really that I would succumb and purchase Jo Malone's Peony and Blush Suede Cologne. I'm absolutely loving the fragrance and thus has begun my love affair with Jo Malone, which I'm very happy about, but it may not be the best news for my bank account though.


It turns out that without knowing Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede has become the favourite fragrance for me & a number of my friends. We've all fallen in love with it independently which I found out when one of my friends gifted another friend with a bottle of this fragrance for her birthday. Clearly we all have great taste!

The fragrance is such a lovely, fresh scent. Floral and feminine without being overpowering or too sweet. Jo Malone describes it as 'The essence of charm. Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile. Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower. Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede. Luxurious and seductive.' I think that sums it up much better than I ever could.

I think this fragrance is perfect for Summer. The top note of Red Apple gives it a crisp, fruity twist. The Peony note provides a delicate freshness with hints of Rose and Honey and makes me think of my favourite flowers and the Suede tone adds a subtle depth to the scent and brings together all the notes within the fragrance.

I purchased the 30ml bottle (£39 from Jo Malone) which is ideal as I can easily pop it into my handbag. Jo Malone scents can be layered with other colognes from the range and by doing this you can make your own tailored combination of scents and I already have my eye on a few more I'd love to add to my perfume collection.

Have you tired the Jo Malone Colognes?
Which are your favourite scents?

Jx
Share:

1 comment

  1. I've always loved the Jo Malone packaging...now I'll have to go check out the scent, too!
    Caitlin x
    The Aperitif

    ReplyDelete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig