Friday 27 June 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette


I love Hourglass makeup so it will come no surprise that I love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and was very excited to see that Hourglass have now made it part of their permanent collection. I have the full sized Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light and I think it's one of the best everyday powders I have used, I love the finish it gives.



This is such as gorgeous palette and is made up of of three Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders and came along with a sample-size of the Veil Mineral Primer for good measure. The powders in the palette are the shades Dim Light, Radiant Light and Incandescent Light (exclusive to this palette). These powders are stated as being 'a high-tech soft finishing powder that recreates exquisitely flattering light sources.' They blur, colour correct, illuminate and highlight where needed.


Dim Light acts as a setting powder. It'a a peachy beige that really works well on my skin tone and doesn't look cake or oddly pale. I think this shade would work for a range of skin tones. Incandescent Light is the most shimmery of the three, but believe me when I say its not glittery shimmery in the least. This powder is a great highlighter and is similar to Radiant Light in that both give a very healthy, natural glow. Radiant Light is a perfect Summer bronzer, giving a lovely golden glow to the face, sometimes I just use it on my cheeks. I use my Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder brush to apply it an it fits very nicely into the palette, but I also use my Real Techniques Powder brush when I want to sweep over all three powders in one go and apply to face.


I bought this pallet from Liberty  as a treat using my Liberty card vouchers when it was first released before Christmas. At the full price of £56 it is a bit of an investment and I think it's the most expensive piece of makeup I own, but as I mentioned I got it before Christmas and for the last few months I've been using it nearly every day and have hardly made a dent in it. 

Jx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig