Monday 7 March 2016

The Weekend Edit

This last weekend was incredible from start to finish. A beautiful weekend filled with good friends and family. I went to bed so happy and content last night and woke up today feeling so grateful for everything, I know, I know that's super cheesy, but it's true!

It felt like the weekend started early for me, as on Thursday evening I went to see How To Be Single with the girls and we had a really fun night. I'd really recommend catching the film if you can, it's such a funny film with an important message, one which I think we can all relate to at various points in our life. 
Friday was lovely and sunny which made me very happy. In the evening I got to see the Cosmonauts exhibition at the Science Museum (via The Hummingbird Bakery of course). If you haven't seen the exhibition yet, there is still time as it ends this Sunday. The exhibition was incredible! I love all things Space related and it was so interesting to learn about the first journeys into Space, including the first woman in Space and to see the actual spacecrafts!  

I'd been looking forward to Saturday all week as I was super excited about The Bloggers Market at the Hoxton Holborn. Some of my favourite bloggers such as What Olivia Did and WishWishWish were there selling beautiful clothes and accessories at incredible prices. I picked up a couple of handbags, a cool top and some designer sunglasses, not bad. My friend Fiona came and joined me with her lovely daughter Tally. It was so good to catch up with them both as we ate yummy treats from Afternoon Crumbs and lusted after all the pretty things in the Oliver Bonas room before grabbing some lunch at Hubbard and Bell.
I had a friend's birthday party in the evening so after lunch I had a wander around Covent Garden to get some extra little things. I finally paid a visit the Kikki.K store and oh my, I just wanted to buy everything!! I also quickly popped into The White Company as they had a 20% off weekend, I was good though and only bought one candle.
Saturday evening I joined my friend Sammy (we've been friends since we were 13!) for her birthday celebrations at La Fonda de Maria. It was a lovely evening, I got to catch up with Sammy, met lots of wonderful people and had delicious calamari and seafood rice!

As you’d expect, Sunday was all about Mother’s Day. It was a bit of an early start for me as I caught up with some blogging before I did a spot of baking and made the Banana Bread, I think it’s ok to have cake for breakfast on Mother’s Day right? The Banana Bread turned out really well and got the thumbs from Mum, so I couldn’t have been happier. If you’d like to try out the recipe for yourself, you can find it here.
Mum and I then headed down to Columbia Road Flower Market as I thought it'd be lovely for us to pick some flowers out together. Unsurprisingly the flower market was packed and we had to fight our way through the crowd, but the sun was shining and there were so many gorgeous flowers on show that we had such a lovely time and came away with gorgeous bunches of flowers. Being able to pick up fresh flowers from Columbia Road on a Sunday is one of my favourite things to do and every time it makes me think how lucky I am to have so many amazing things practically on my doorstep in London.
With successful flower purchases achieved, it was time for lunch so we walked down to Dishoom in Shoreditch for a Mother’s Day lunch. I was really excited as I’d heard nothing but good things about Dishoom so I’d been keen to try out the food for ages and I was looking forward to treating mum! Dishoom was a popular choice but after a little bit of chilling out at the bar with some delicious bar snacks, we were at our table, eating amazing food. We were really impressed with the food and the service and I can’t wait to head back to try the rest of the menu, especially the breakfast.
The day and weekend ended on an extra lovely note as my brother came down to visit from uni. I hadn't seen him in months so we all had a great evening of catching up and being silly, I haven't laughed so much in ages!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend too.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig