Tuesday 15 March 2016

Review: Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Nourishing Fusion Makeup Foundation

Last week my Chalotte Tilbury Magic Foundation ran out. It's foundation I loved using and I would definitely repurchase it, but I've been using it since September last year and so part of me wondered if there was something else foundation wise I should give a go (it's the beauty addict in me, I can't help it) So that morning when I saw the Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Nourishing Fusion Makeup Foundation (yep it has a pretty long name) on Tea Party Beauty's Instagram, it reminded me that I'd been meaning to give this a go, but I'd wanted to finish one foundation before trying another.
I've heard rave reviews about this foundation and was a big fan of Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation so as I wanted a foundation with SPF which gave a light and dewy finish I thought it was about time I gave this a go. I popped into Selfridges to have a look and do a colour match and as soon as the make up artist applied it, I was hooked. It wasn't what I was expecting, the texture is super light, almost water like and just blended in amazingly. The make up artist told me she wears the foundation and blends it in with her fingers! I was quite impressed with her honesty and the fact that she wasn't trying to sell me a brush to go with it.

I can't wear heavy foundations as they can often irritate my skin, so I loved how light this foundation is, it honestly doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face. Shade 7 is perfect for me and Maestro Glow really enhances my complexion and gives a fresh, very natural looking radiance due to that surprisingly light texture. If you're looking for full coverage with more of a matte finish then this probably isn't the right product for you, however you can build up the coverage so I would still recommend trying it out. Despite its fluid texture, Maestro Glow contains no water. Instead the foundation contains a high concentration of oils in a formula which leaves skin feeling comfortable all day and there definitely isn't an oily effect on the skin. My skin just looks more even toned and feels hydrated and supple.
The oils separate in the bottle which is normal and not a faulty batch so you will need to shake it to wake it. The foundation comes with a pipette applicator which I haven't seen on  a foundation before, but I really like it as you can dispense exactly the right amount on your finger and then dab it on without any wastage. The foundation is on the pricey side, but I've been really impressed with the quality and results the foundation achieves. There are some beauty and skincare products where I'm more than happy with the drugstore version, but when it comes to foundation I don't mind splurging a little as the right colour match and skin benefits are super important, as I'll be wearing the foundation everyday.

What are your favourite dewy or glowy foundations?

Jx

Share:

2 comments

  1. hi, you look gorgeous in this foundation,... what shade are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, very kind of you to say so. I'm wearing shade 7 here.
      Jasmin x

      Delete

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig