Monday 21 March 2016

Review: Urban Decay - Gwen Stefani Lipstick and Lip Pencil

An article in Stylist magazine caught my eye last week as it featured Gwen Stefani talking about taking back control when your life falls apart. Now it's fair to say I already have a girl crush on Gwen Stefani, she's always struck me as a kick-ass woman who isn't afraid to work hard in order to achieve her goals, plus she always has perfect lipstick when doing all of the above, but after reading the article I gained even more respect for her and thought it was about time I brought out my purchases from her Urban Decay collaboration.

I've been crushing on the Gwen Stefani for Urban Decay collection for a good while now. It started with me lusting over the eyeshadow palette and then the blush palette, but unfortunately my eyeshadow collection needs to be reined back in and the very honest make up assistant at the Urban Decay counter told me the blush palette maybe too light for my skintone as it's been designed with blondes in mind. I appreciated the honesty and was about to walk away when I spied the lipsticks and I knew I'd found the right product for me.
I picked up the 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Firebird and the lipstick in Wonderland. Each lipstick has a matching lip pencil, but I didn't do the match-matchy thing on this occasion. The lip pencil in Firebird is a gorgeous Mauve toned Berry Pink which I bought to go with my MAC Amorous and Chanel Rouge Allure in Romanesque lipsticks and it works with both perfectly. Wonderland is a stunning satin red which packs quite a punch in the staying power category. I already have quite a collection of matte reds hence I didn't opt for the 714 shade which I know has been very popular, though I was tempted. I love Wonderful as it's a fun red and it makes me feel kick-ass when I wear it, can't ask much more than that.

Urban Decay`s bestselling 24/7 lip liner applies smoothly, prevents your lipstick from feathering and lasts all day. The lip pencil and lipstick have formulas enriched with Vitamin E, jojoba oil and cottonseed to ensure a smooth and nourishing application.
Everything in the limited-edition Urban Decay Gwen Stefani collection was developed in close collaboration with Gwen. Urban Decay`s product development team spent countless hours at Gwen`s house, talking makeup and working with her on every detail of the collection. Gwen even directed the packaging design, which was inspired by her love of black-and-white graphic prints and antique gold. 

Have you tried the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani collection? What are your favourite pieces?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig