Monday 2 April 2012

March favourites 2012


This month I've had quite a few go to products, which is good as I'm trying to use the products I have and not just keep buying new things.

Nars Luster blush: I really love this blush. It's quite peachy with sparkle (but not too much sparkle). I apply it quite lightly and it gives a really natural healthy glow.

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel -  Bronze Universel: I think this has been quite talked about on You Tube and blogs for quite a while. This is one of my favourite products. I really love the texture of it and the way it feels on the skin. The somewhat rude Chanel lady at my local Boots told me that I couldn't use this for sculpting, that it was for use all over the face, but I thought that could make me a little orange so decided to ignore her and use the bronzer for sculpting. I wear it under Nars Luster and really like the natural looking finish and that healthy sunkissed look it gives. It is the most expensive bronzer I have bought at £29, but I use it every day and it looks like I've hardly made a dent, so will last ages!

Laura Mercier Black Gold Kohl Eye Pencil: I love, love this eyeliner. It is a mix of black and bronze/gold and is perfect used on the whole lid for a no fuss smoky eye. I also like the smouldering look you can achieve by using it on the lower lash line.

MAC eyeshadow in Plumage and Quarry: These are gorgeous eyeshadows and good for everyday use. I'd been looking for a good matt taupe for ages so I was really pleased with Quarry. It blends in really well with my Asian skintone, so I use it as a base. Plumage is a matt blue/green and is great for creating a smoky eye or smudged on the lower lash line.

Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo - Permanent Taupe: This is another matt finish taupe, but in a creamy finish. I love the texture of this, it lasts all day and it's darker than Quarry so layers well over the top of it.

China glaze nail varnish - Below Deck: Hmm I think taupe tones feature a bit for me this month. I like this as it's a taupe nail varnish with quite a plummy tone, so goes well with my skin tone, much better than a flat taupe would. I'll do a colour swatch of this soon.

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: This is quite a cult product. It's meant to tighten pores and brighten. I don't really have a problem with noticeable pores so can't really comment on that, but I do like the way it goes on and feels on my skin. It gives a really good base for my tinted moisturiser and does make my face look brighter.

Murad skin perfecting Primer dewy finish: I got this in my Valentine's Glossybox and I tried it out once and then forgot about it. However this last month I thought I would give it another go and it's amazing! It's actually a tinted primer and I can really notice a difference after using it. Even before I apply my tinted moisturiser, it gives a lovely finish, really evens out my skin tone and provides a perfect base. I really think I'll purchase the full size product for this.

What have been your favourite products in March?
Share:
© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig