Wednesday 26 November 2014

Review: Seasonal Gold Nail Polishes


I have to admit that I'm beginning to feel quite festive now & I'm loving all the Gold & sparkly effect nail polishes & top coats which have recently hit the Drug & Department stores. If you can't rock Gold sparkles during the Festive season then when can you! This post is inspired by my lovely friend Kate, who loves nail polish as much as I do and yesterday I spied the beautiful Diorific Golden Shock Gold Leaf Effect top coat on Kate's nails. It looked beautiful and as I'm such a Magpie, it was definitely an instant heart eyes emoji kinda moment.

Coincidentally I had just purchased Essie's Rock At The Top (£7.99 Boots) & Barry M's Starlight (£3.99) as I've been quite spendy on the make up front of late & I just couldn't justify the Diorific Golden Shock top coat. As you can see from the picture, they're really good dupes for the Dior polish & I'm loving these purse friendly & absolute steal purchases! The Essie Rock At The Top is a little more on the sequin side than solely gold leaf and I really like the defined little hexagonal pieces of sparkle. Barry M Starlight is from the limited edition Barry M Christmas Collection and I love the little stars in this polish which I think will be gorgeous layered over a navy or black polish. For me Starlight is also an affordable alternative to the Nails Inc Stars polish which can be found in the Nails Inc Alexa Chung Collection sets (£45). There is a gold leaf top coat polish in the Barry M Aquarium Collection, shade Treasure Chest which I think is another great affordable dupe for the Diorific top coat, although the gold flecks are a little smaller.
                   

I think we should just take a moment to admire this little Dior gem, be it from afar for me. The Diorific Golden Shock Gold Leaf Effect top coat (currently on offer at John Lewis £18.90) is such a beautiful nail polish top coat. It really is like Gold Leaf, the Gold flecks are bigger, brighter & more Golden compared to the Essie & Barry M polishes but then again you would expect that little bit more from a luxury brand & this is definitely pure luxury. The bottles in the Diorific collection are also just so cute, they would make a lovely addition to any dressing table.

Which seasonal nail polishes are you loving?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig