Monday 22 May 2017

THE BEAUTY EDIT: YSL VOLUPTE TINT IN BALM, NO.11 PLAY ME FUSHIA

To say that this latest lip offering from YSL has caused a stir, is quite an understatement to say the least. Initially only available exclusively at Selfridges, the collection reportedly sold out within 30 minutes. However the YSL Volupte Tint in Balm collection is available now nationwide and it is little surprise that these beauties keep selling out, everyone just wants in on the action. So are the YSL Volupte Tint-In-Balms worth the hype?

I managed to try them out a little earlier than nationwide release as I had time to kill in duty free before my flight to Copenhagen. As soon as I spotted them on the YSL counter I couldn’t help but do a quick colour swatch especially as the sales assistant informed me that she had all the colours in stock! 
In terms of being worth the hype, if you’re really into the packaging and aesthetics of the product then yes, the product is gorgeous and lovely to use. There is the YSL signature mango scent (very Spring/Summer!), the super cute lip-shaped core of the stick which runs all the way through so the lips won’t disappear and this is where the balm benefits are at (macadamia and apricot butters blended with passionfruit, coriander and jojoba oils) and the vibrant outer shade which deposits the tint onto the lips.

All the colour options looked lovely, especially the coral shades, but as I suspected the colour is quite sheer and so I decided on no. 11 Play Me Fushia as the shade was sheer but noticeable, although that being said, you can also build up the colour.
In terms of actual balm benefits, for me the Tint-In-Balm sadly isn’t going to replace Nuxe’s RĂªve de Miel Lip Balm for when my lips need the healing properties of a balm, but I have noticed that since using the Tint-In-Balm there haven’t been any lip S.O.S moments where I’ve had to bring out the heavy duty balm and I do love pulling this out of my bag and applying it. My lips feel happy and I can’t help but feel glam.

Have you tried the new YSL tint in balm?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig