Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Weekend Edit

Tea brought to you by the Gruffalo
Last week I'd wasn't very well and had to take a few days off work due to really bad migraines, so I had a much more chilled out weekend this week, trying to catch up on sleep and not rush around at a 100mph! 

Saturday it was good to have a slower start to the day, taking time out to enjoy a cup of tea and a read through my favourite magazines before I headed out to have lunch with some girlfriends. 
It was so lovely to see them, we've all been under the weather or stressed out with work, so it was good to share a meal and a catch up with lots of of laughs along the way. Just what we all needed! We then headed off to Brent Cross for a bit of shopping and cupcake eating before I headed back to central London to meet an old friend. I don't know why, but on Saturday I was just hungry all day so I was super happy to grab some Thai Calamari from Busaba Ethai. We were chatting with the waiter, trying to coax out the recipe to the Thai Calamari, he said it was easy and gave us some pointers....yay!
We ended the day with a good 'ole movie as we watched The Martian. I think it's one of the best films I've seen this year. For me pretty much everything a film should be as the story drew me fully into a lovely few hours of space travel and far off planets. There was an impressive cast, who were amazing and I especially thought Matt Damon and Chiwetel Ejiofor gave outstanding performances! It was great to see Sean Bean back in action too and I definitely recommend The Martian.
Sunday wasn't such an exciting day as it was a day of blogging and cleaning but it was a productive Sunday. I got some outfit photos done and even recorded my first ever You Tube video. It's still a bit of a working project but I'm really excited about this next adventure for my blog.
It was such a beautiful day on Sunday so I enjoyed a walk in the sunshine and did a little bit of shopping, picking up a shearling style gilet, a lovely stripy tee from Zara and some new gym wear including my This Girl Can tee. I also got this very handy copper wire basket from Tiger, to help me do my tidying up with a bit more style.
I ended the day with a little pamper time, with a soak in the bath, catching up with my essential magazines and a little bit of cake and honeycomb ice cream, felt a lot better for it too!

Hope you all had lovely weekends.

Jx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig