Sunday 12 February 2017

SS17 TREND UPDATES WITH HOUSE OF FRASER

We're almost half way through February and well so far it's been pretty grey, drizzly and cold, Spring isn't quite here yet, but I can't wait for those sunny days full of bluer skies and cherry blossom and a chance to ditch some of the layers and update my wardrobe with Spring/Summer fashion. There was a gorgeous display of colour, bold prints and statement accessories at the House of Fraser SS17 preview so while we wait for Spring to breakthrough, I thought I'd share my highlights with you to bring a bit of colour and warmth to these snowy days. 


Womenswear

Embroidered designs are still a big feature for SS17 and the show stealers for me were the embroidered bomber jacket and dress from Biba. The intricacy of the design and colours are stunning, real statement pieces. I'm in love with this dress and will be adding it to the wardrobe when  it soon hits the stores. The dress is perfect for the wedding season but your could also team it with a khaki jacket to give it an urban twist. 
Bold prints are the key for the new season look. An easy way to update your look is with a printed silk scarf and again Biba is leading the way with the look. The colours are vibrant and beautiful, I wanted all of the scarves! A printed scarf is always a versatile piece, prefect for when the air is still chilly, weekends away or even as a beach cover up so a great piece to invest in.
I loved the collection from Therapy, I just can't resist a palm print. It's a fun collection which makes me think of Summer holidays in exotic locations. This cold shoulder dress is really cute especially with the cut out detail on the back, perfect for a evening of cocktails in the warm weather.
A good leather biker jacket is a classic piece and something you'll wear again and again. There were quite a few different designs on show, but I loved the cut of this one. This jacket with the embroidered dress from Biba
Embellished footwear is going to be a key trend for the Summer and trainers are going to be the footwear of choice. I've recently become more of a trainer girl, I get to rush around town in my usual fashion but with no achey feet in sight and I feel like I can keep going all day long. So put me down for trainers with added bling.
Summer fashion is the perfect excuse to have a little fun when it comes to fashion and this Summer it's going to be all about fun, statement accessories. I have completely fallen in love with this bag from Ted Baker and am stalking keeping a look out online so I can snap this bag up as soon as it becomes available. 

Menswear

Bold prints feature prominently in menswear for SS17 too with colourful formal shirts and Hawaiian shirts for a relaxed Summer style like this one from Diesel
If you're wanting to give your accessories an update or step up your gym game then check out this holdall offering from Michael Kors and the Björn Borg You can give your gym accessories an
When it comes to board shorts for Summer holidays, the brighter the better in 2017!
This was one of my favourite looks from the SS17 collection, the contrast of the formal Paul Smith blazer combined with the Armani Jeans sports jacket, gave a new update to Sport Luxe. 
Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig