Tuesday 19 January 2016

The Weekend Edit

'Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict'
                                                                                                                        William Ellery Channing                 

To be honest with you all, this last weekend I was originally meant to be jetting off on a lovely weekend break somewhere sunny with palm trees, but unfortunately no matter how much you want things to work out, sometimes things don't always go to plan. I was determined not to let it get me down though, so I came up with a plan b and you know what? Plan b turned out to be pretty awesome, one of the best weekends! It was a perfect balance between some much needed me time, catching up with friends and doing new things; very much the type of weekend I needed. 

Friday I night headed to Pure Gym for my first real work out of January 2016. I tried out one of the beginner HIIT sessions from The Body Coach and it certainly got my heartbeat up! On my way back home from the gym, I took a little detour around Canary Wharf and went to explore the Winter Lights installation.
Saturday I was up and out pretty early as I headed down to the Lush Spa on the Kings Road for my first appointment of the day. Things have been pretty stressful lately & all the tension seems to have gathered in my shoulders so I booked myself in for the Tailor Made massage, concentrating on my back and neck and well.....it was incredible, I literally came out of the treatment feeling lighter, like a physical weight had been lifted! There will be a full review up soon, but I couldn't recommend Lush Spa more!
New on Kings Road is Kobox, a new boxing boutique which I'm super keen to try out so I popped in to find out more about it all. Kobe say the workout is like fight club meets night club, which is pretty much what it looked like when I saw a class in action. It looks like a good, fun, workout.
Kings Road is one of my top favourite spots in London. It has all my favourite shops and is so much quieter and calmer than Oxford Street. On the weekends it hosts an incredible food market with the most delicious foods and some live music thrown in. I was pretty hungry after my spa treatment so I treated myself to a homemade custard doughnut and a wonderful crepe from L'amuse Bouche....yum! Although cold, it was a sunny and crisp day so it was lovely to sit in the sun, listening to live Latin guitar as I enjoyed the gorgeous food.
I had a little bit of time to kill before my hairdressers appointment so I had a bit of a pit stop at the Hoxton Hotel, Holborn and grabbed a hot chocolate from Hubbard & Bell, making use of the free wi-fi to do a bit blogging on the go. 
It may be another New Year cliché, the whole, new year, new look thing but I've been wanting to update my balayage for quite a while now, toying with the idea of a more bolder caramel shade. I headed to Brooks and Brooks for an appointment with my colourist Shaun.
After my hair appointment, I rushed off to Oxford street to catch the Lumiere light installation with my friends Ade and Ellie. Lumiere was incredible and made me remember how much I love London and how varied it can be. I'll be posting my photos from the installation this week.
Saturday really was a jam packed day as after Lumiere, I jumped on a bus to Clapton in Hackney to celebrate my friend Katie's birthday at the Clapton Hart and it was lovely to catch up with the girls from Shoreditch Sisters. It was a long and busy day, but such I had an amazing time. 
Sunday was a lot more chilled as I started that day with some blogging before heading off to meet my friend Lottie for brunch at Hoi Polloi. I'd been meaning to try it for quite a while so it was fun to try somewhere new. I had the crab omelette with cheesy mash which was soo good. Just what I needed to fuel me for the day. After brunch we wandered down to Columbia Road Flower Market, another of my favourite London spots. We both treated ourselves to some gorgeous flowers.....I may have got a little carried away as I picked up bunches of Tulips, Anemones and Ranunculus, but they're just so lovely and have really helped brighten up my mood and home. 

All in all it was such a lovely weekend! Hope you all had wonderful weekends too.

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig