Sunday 31 January 2016

Alex Munroe - The Language of Flowers


My first Alex Munroe necklace came about from completing the Nike 10K race last Summer and since then I've really been wanting to add to my collection, as his necklace designs are just so pretty.


I definitely have a thing for rose gold at the moment so the rose gold oval wild strawberry cluster cameo necklace from Alex Munroe's Language of Flowers collection, really caught my eye! I had a Liberty voucher burning a hole in my pocket so I thought I'd use it to treat myself to this gorgeous necklace.

The Language of Flowers collection draws its inspiration from the Victorians whimsical concept of the silent language of flowers for words that dared not be spoken.

The necklace is set in a finely braided oval of rose gold, with a delicate spring of wild strawberries in bloom. I love the vintage feel of this necklace. It's delicate and elegant but also quite a statement piece. There is also extra meaning for me in this piece as it reminds me of my garden in the Summer, and picking fresh Strawberries, one of my favourite times of the year. The necklace goes with everything especially black (lucky for me as thats mot of my wardrobe) and I've received so many lovely comments about the necklace. 



Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig