Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites


There are a good mix of beauty and non-beauty items which I've been loving in August and as it's been ages since I did a favourites post, I thought why not share the things I haven't been able to get enough of this last month.

Beauty

Blame It On Nars Cheek Palette - This exclusive to Selfridges limited edition palette is currently sold out and I'm not surprised. I really love this palette. It contains two blush shades, a highlighter and a bronzer as well as a mini flat khabuki brush and I've been reaching for it almost daily. The packaging is beautiful and it looks so pretty on my dressing room table. I'll be doing a review post with colour swatches very soon.

Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Filmstar Bronze and Glow - This month I've been a little bit Charlotte Tilbury obsessed as you'll see. The Filmstar Bronze and Glow had been on my wish list since Charlotte Tilbury launched her makeup range, but I just wasn't a 100% sure if it'd be right for my skin tone. The limited edition Norman Parkinson Filmstar Bronze and Glow however is perfect however. I love the cream texture which gives a flawless finish to the skin and both the highlighting and contouring shade is flattering for a range of skin tones. I absolutely adore the packaging, the iconic image of Jerry Hall is just so glam, another perfect item for the dressing table and this is another one where the full review will be coming up soon.

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eye Shadow - Bette and Mona Lisa - The Charlotte Tilbury love continues with these cream eyes shadows. I'd heard a lot about these and decided to give them a go, first trying Mona Lisa and then going back to Selfridges to get Bette which had almost sold out. These cream eyeshadows are the best I've tried. They take so little effort to put on in the morning, the colour pay off is incredible and they really do last all day!

Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eyeliner Pencil - Barbarella Brown - OK, this is the last of the Charlotte Tilbury love for this month, but quite honestly I haven't been able to put this pencil down! I had a little Charlotte Tilbury makeover and I was amazed at the effects this little brown eyeliner could create. The perfect smokey and smouldering eye look. I always usually stick to black eyeliner, but this has converted me. It's so flattering and just glides on and smudges perfectly. I've been so impressed with the quality of this eyeliner I also picked up the Marlene Midnight and Eye Cheat shade. A definite must have!

Barry M makeup pencil sharpener - Maybe an odd item to have in my favourites but this little pencil sharpener has been invaluable especially as I can't put my Charlotte Tilbury eye pencils down.

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom Perfume - For those of you who have seen my recent post on this fragrance, it'll come as no surprise that this has become a firm favourite. It's just such a beautiful scent and makes me feel really happy when I'm wearing it.....I just know that I'm going to get through this perfume in no time.....oh dear.

Non-Beauty

Jo Malone Lime and Basil Candle - This was a little bit of an impulse, cheer up gift to myself this month and I don't regret it. For a little travel candle, this has quite an impact as the scent fills up an entire room with ease. The Lime and Basil scent is such a fresh and comforting fragrance. I like to burn this as I'm working away on my blog as it really gets me in the right frame of mind.....in fact I'm burning it right now.

Ban.do diary - This is such a beautiful diary and I'll be featuring it in a stationary post soon. It's a 17 month diary, starting from July through to the end of 2016 and I really love the layout and quality of it. I use it all the time and it's really helping me organise my blog and all the exciting up coming events.

Geo Fleur - Geometric Pot with Succulent - I picked this beauty up at Chatsworth Road Market, which you may have seen in the Weekend Edit.  It's such a lovely edition to my room, I couldn't be happier with it. I'm really tempted to head back to Geo Fleur to add some Cacti to my collection.

What have been your favourites this month?

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig