Sunday 31 May 2015

Review: Fuji Instax Mini 90 neo classic


When I was a child growing up in the 80s and 90s I thought instant cameras (Polaroid was the choice of the day) were the coolest things ever! The fact that you could get your photo instantly and watch it develop in front of you, was to me, mesmerising. I desperately wanted one and an instant camera was always on my birthday present list, but it just never happened and when I became old enough to buy my own camera I got caught up in the hype of digital but I always remained fascinated by instant photos. This wonderful vintage design Fuji Instax Mini 90 caught my eye in a window display recently and made me feel nostalgic as it reawakened that childhood wish for an instant camera.


The camera has the basic shooting modes you'd expect but also boasts bulb and double exposure modes, which gives you the chance to get more creative and have more fun with the camera. The high performance flash gives out the ideal amount of light and there is an added brightness control which you can use to add effects.

The rotating MODE dial allows you to switch to modes such as party mode whilst looking through the viewfinder. I have to say the viewfinder takes a little getting used to but once you do the camera is really easy to use. The camera uses a rechargeable battery which lasts for ages and has a tripod socket  which allows you to take advantage of the self timer function.

The Instax Mini 90 uses Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant colour film, a unique credit-card sized colour film. As you may expect, the film doesn't come cheap but one of the things I love is that in itself  makes you really think about what you want to take a picture of and capture on tangible film which you can hold in your hand. 

I really love the vintage design and feel of the Instax Mini 90, its such a fun addition to my camera collection and encourages me to get even more involved in photography. I've used it with friends and family and everyone gets excited as they watch the photo develop and I always want to sing 'shake it like a Polaroid picture' from OutKast's 'Hey Ya' (I don't know if that's just me). The Instax Mini 90 is easy to pop in my bag when heading out and great for blogging inspiration on the go. The camera has also caught people's attention when I've been out and I've had many comments and questions on where they can get one. I'm so glad I bought the Instax Mini and I'd definitely recommend giving instant cameras a go

Jx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig