Sunday 20 November 2016

TASTE OF LONDON: THE FESTIVE EDITION

Taste of London Food and Restaurant Festival is my favourite food festival in London, run twice a year during the Summer and in the run up to Christmas. This weekend it was time to head down to  The Tobacco Dock in East London for Taste of London: The Festive Edition so Mum and I had a Mother and Daughter evening on Friday at Taste and we had such an amazing night and we even got to hang out with a celebrity chef or two!! (cue the Jazz hands emoji!)
The Tobacco Dock can be a bit of a chilly venue and despite being wrapped up in our warm winter wear we were in need of something warm and comforting so we headed straight for Tom's Kitchen to grab some Truffle Mac n' Cheese and oh my it was delicious, we could have just kept eating bowls of it!
There were lots of lovely sweet treats for us to try out and of course a lot of them home with me, I did try and be good, I promise. One of the sweet discoveries was The Datery who had a ranged of luxury  chocolate coated dates. The Anbar dates which have a mellow taste and not too sweet are grown in Medina. They're then coated in Belgian chocolate crafted from West African cocoa beans and then complimented by assorted nuts imported from across the world. I love Dates and of course chocolate, so I loved these and they make such great Christmas gifts too! 
I loved how Taste catered to all dietary requirements and tastes. There was a really good range of  vegetarian and vegan food including cakes by Cupcakes and Shhht and vegan fudge by Burley Fudge all of which was lovely!
The food from Café Spice Namaste was incredible! We ordered the traditional Potato Bhajee Dosa - a crispy rice and lentil pancake filled with Keralan mash, it was so delicious, Mum and I just dived straight in and I forgot to take a photo, oops! However I did get to meet and have my photo taken with Cyrus Todiwala who was so sweet and lovely and it was a real highlight to meet him.
Another highlight for me was the people vs Marcus Wareing live Q&A; it was great to learn more about the person behind the two Michelin stars and the scary Masterchef judge. The Q&A reminded me that Marcus Wareing isn't so scary in real life, he's actually very funny which I found out when I was lucky enough to meet him last year and he even wrote an inscription in his cookbook for my best friend who's a big fan and had recently gotten engaged. 
Two of my favourite non-food discoveries at Taste was Seedball and Bloomon naturally a great combination. Seedball was founded by Ana and Emily who were Conservation Scientists at Aberdeen University. Seed balls are a great technique for growing seed in a more simple and effective way. Ana and Emily's goal is to make it easier for everyone to have gardens, balconies and window boxes that are bursting with native wildflowers, tasty salads, herbs, buzzing bees and beautiful butterflies. I bought a tin of the salad seed balls and can't wait to start growing my own salad come Spring.
Bloomon offer a flower subscription service and they were at Taste running flower arranging workshops. The flowers are all seasonal and looked stunning and you all know I have a weakness for fresh flowers so I thought I'd give them a trail. There was special offer of £10 off and a free vase depending on the size of the bouquet you opt for, so I couldn't resist and my first delivery will arrive next week!
We had such a lovely night at Taste. The festive atmosphere was so much fun! We didn't leave the show hungry, that's for sure, in fact we left full of delicious food and that festive feeling, a great start to the weekend!

Jx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Lovely Little Things | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig